Due to its high-level, general-purpose programming ability, Python is very popular among the language developers and is pretty much high in demand too. Focusing on code readability, Python’s structure utilizes the white space in a better way and assists its users and developers with clear, logical language for making small and large-scale projects. These qualities led Python to become the solution in many different fields. Be it web applications or machine learning; Python is ruling every place. Mastering the language is not enough, there are many other things to consider in order to become a good python developer.
The basic skills you really need are:
- Sense of responsibility
Table of Contents
Why go for Python?
Python gained the status of being the most popular programming language in the year 2018, and ever since then, the graph of its popularity is mounting uphill. What really adds to its popularity is its ever-increasing demand and its user-friendly features.
Python language is full of features that make the developers prioritize this language over others. These features include:
- Easy semantics
- Easier to understand.
What Does a Python Language Developer Do?
A Python Developer utilizes the Python programming language to create, send, and investigate projects. They can make an application, structure a system, design tools to solve certain problems, form a website, or dispatch another, etc. Most of the times, a python developer is responsible for:
- Creating an application
- Improving it
- Altering it
- keeping up applications in a worldwide market condition
Along with that he/she
- Codes, structures and troubleshoots the functions in an organization
- Has a good understanding of the language tools
- Handle the information exchange between the servers and clients
- Ensure an efficient performance by being responsive to the frontend demands
- Form efficient codes
- Devising tests
- Design and assemble a versatile web application structure
- Create versatile and dependable items in the cloud
- Must have the ability to work and rework on the user interface
Why Choose Python?
When you start studying programming languages, you may question why to choose Python. The availability of so many programming languages can make it hard for an individual to reach a conclusion. But it is important to be sure and confident about the choice you make as the skills you have are more valuable than the language you choose. Experts advise the beginners to stick to the choices they make. Moreover, some analysts are of the view that a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush, so instead of learning multiple languages and mastering none, it is better to learn a single language.
What Makes it Better?
- To work with huge volumes of data to decode the information and make predictions regarding the output, in turn, helping an organization to gain a competitive edge in the market.
- It has a clear structure and is user friendly, which makes it easier for the developers and gives a practical shape to their codes in no time. Depending upon the projects you can learn the following in this language
- Python Basics
- Data structures
- Python Libraries
Once you have sailed the ship, it is better not to look anywhere else but your destiny of mastering that particular language.
- Python is a well-designed language.
- Applicable in many fields
- Offers multiple options to explore something new
- You can easily find tutorials and articles related to it online
- Regardless of the degree of expertise in the language, there are a lot of things that can be explored.
- It is the most practiced language
- Constantly developing
- It has multi-functional modules
- Popular in startup companies due to low budgets
- It is relatively easier to work with and is beginner-friendly
- Easier to learn
These qualities are common in other languages too, how Python really stands out are its these three uses.
- Data crunching
- Automation in scripts
- Forming web applications
- As the language is simple and clear, it is user friendly and quite favorable for the beginners.
What Does A Python Developer Do?
The developer usually deals with the backend units and applications and assists the frontend builders. What really determines your efficiency as a good python developer is how skillful you are in the language. More skillful you are, the more likely for you to get a better project and a better job that offers good money. Moreover, it is important to note that learning should never stop. More learning means adding more skills to your work.
Job Requirements of Python Developer
A Python developer usually has to write server-side web logic that is why he/she should be well aware of the basics of the web development which include
Along with that, to add extra bling, it is better to have
- Knowledge about Database
- Ability to write python scripts
- Knowledge about python libraries
How Can You Learn It?
The only thing to consider is to never stop learning. Pick courses on it one after the other. It would be easier for a person who is already a developer, no matter which language to switch to Python.
Start From The Basics
To succeed in anything, an in-depth understanding of what you are dealing with is a condition. Start learning the language from the basics and then move to higher levels. Learn the basic syntax and semantics of the language. It is never advisable to skip the basic lessons and move towards specialization as that would lead to nothing at all. For instance,
- The skill about the PyTorch should be acquired after packaging
- Only after learning about the virtual environments, you should move to learn Django
Though it is rarely required yet it is better to know about the difference between python 2 and 3. Along with that,
- Learn about the language’s data structures. As it is hard and almost impossible to learn everything by heart, a list about the basics of the sets could help a lot.
- Learn about the language’s framework. The framework used for the language differs depending upon the project used. The most popular among those frameworks include the following:
Learn about essential information structures like records, sets, and word references.
- Understand significant ideas like decision making and circles.
- Learn how to make a virtual domain.
- Move on to capacities and recursion.
- Begin with object-situated ideas like classes and strategies, and legacy and over-burdening.
- Find out about modules and bundles, and get some involvement in like manner modules like os, schedule, etc.
- Learn documents. Find out about progressively complex subjects like generators and decorators, and shallow and profound duplicating.
- Also, figure out how to produce and utilize arbitrary numbers and customary articulations.
- Learn about progressively complex subjects like systems administration, XML preparation, and multiprocessing.
- Learn to build GUIs with Python.
- Find out about special cases and how to deal with them.
- Learn to utilize SciPy, NumPy, and Pandas.
- Learn to troubleshoot, unit-test, log, serialize, and get to the database.
What you should do in order to become Better Python Developers?
According to a saying, ‘There is always room on the top.’ Becoming better at what you do should be the top priority. In order to do that you can act upon the following:
- Learn new libraries and add new skills to your knowledge in order to work on different projects
- Attend conferences on python language to gain the latest knowledge and to participate in them, discuss them, and present your ideas.
- Spend your free time to train yourself about the different aspects of programming in Python
- You can always improve yourself by taking courses on this language online
- attending webinars
- Helping others with their problems in the language
- Join online python communities
- Keeping yourself updated
- Finding the space that you want to become proficient in.
Though it is not compulsory yet it is always plus points to familiarize oneself with the Object Relational Mapper libraries for linking applications with them for a faster and efficient result. It is also important to acquaint oneself with the frontend mechanics including:
- Java Script
Also,You Can Read Angular vs AngularJS : Which one is Best?
Sometimes an interaction of a python developer with the frontend team is bound to happen, so it is better to know how it really functions.
There are some important things a Python developer needs to familiarize with and the skills to acquire for learning the language. Those are explained below.
The libraries one has to work with often differ depending upon the nature of the project being worked upon. There are so many benefits of python libraries:
- Makes the team’s output more efficient
- Adds speed to the execution of plans
Keep a Record
While working on a project, it is very much necessary to keep a record of every change in the code even though it’s minor or seems unimportant.
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
Python, as a general programming language, can prove to be really useful for growing in the field of AI and ML, which are expected to rule every field in the future. In case, a developer has anything to do with data science, familiarizing with machine learning would turn out to be a huge benefit like having a dynamic web design.
As it was explained above that the language is applicable in many fields, its benefits are huge too. For instance, in freight forwarding, the experts are of the view that the future of this industry would be ruled by Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence. With every new day, more solutions for eco-friendly transport and efficiency.
Warehousing is being proposed and is considered by many organizations that involve automated fleet and cloud computing in warehouses. The expertise in Python language would be beneficial for taking all these functions to an advanced level and to give a practical shape to the solutions.
Good communication is one of the most important skills required for a successful team outcome. The team members have to interact and communicate and work together in order to realize their aims. It is important to communicate clearly about the plan and what needs to be done to make it easy for the rest of the teammates to follow.
Access the Source
While watching any tutorial, build your code as well. Just watching or listening to the whole thing won’t help much unless you work alongside.
- It is necessary to develop an understanding of the language at a deeper level.
- Get knowledge about what the experts on the language have to say about the trending niche and other important stuff.
Learn About Problem-Solving Techniques
The courses that teach the language mainly focus on training to solve a particular problem. Only focusing on the problems won’t get a developer anywhere. To stay a step ahead, it would be required for you to carefully understand the
- Structure of the language
- Design patterns
These things would assist the developer in devising his/her own procedures, which can make them a good python developer.
Looking for Solutions
When you are working on the language, it is probable that you would come across problems that would seem impossible to solve. I such cases, instead of running in another direction, it would be better to stay focused on the problem and find ways to solve it. You can either:
- Search for solutions online, as people post solutions on the internet, and one of them might be something you are looking for.
- Or you can ask the python community members to help you out in that case.
The more time you spend on learning it, the better would it pay in, the longer run. No skill can be acquired overnight. Determination and patience will be the most necessary skills to stay focused on your path. As mentioned before, learning should never stop, so every day, efforts should be made to learn something new about the language. Only this way you can master it and become a good python developer. According to some developers, it took them almost an entire year to learn it. And for better results, these skills pay off immensely.
The Phases You Will Have to go Through
Usually, there are two phases that you will have to go through in order to become a good developer,
- Learning Phase
- Building Phase
The learning phase refers to the time you acquire knowledge. During this time you can
- Read books
- Attend webinars
- Take online courses
Explore the work done on the language on the internet. It is better to read books in order to build a strong base of your knowledge about the language. You can attend online courses and tutorials one by one to finish each task you are working upon.
The building phase includes the time where you bring the use of your creative skills and apply them to the knowledge that you have acquired in the learning phase. Start by working on small applications using accessible libraries.
It is necessary to develop an understanding of the language at a deeper level. Get knowledge about what the experts on the language have to say about the trending niche and other important stuff. Many people face problems in the building phase, mostly because they lack courage, or they doubt themselves a lot. So it is necessary to focus on both. In this way, you will get familiarized with the different libraries of Python.
Where can we learn the language for free?
Python being the number 1 programming language in the world, is adding to its ever-increasing demand and popularity among the developers. More and more people are keen to learn the language now to write web applications using Django and make a machine learning model using Python.
Here is the list of some useful websites where you can learn the language for free
If you are interested in interactive learning, CodeCademy is the best place for you. After teaching you the theoretical part, the site offers you an opportunity to write the code using the same concept without having to install the setup on your computer.
Udemy is one of the mainstream online course sites having probably the largest number of online courses on almost all the topics. One reason why it is better is that you don’t even need any subscription to create the account and can enroll in the python course for free. It does not offer any interactive courses, but for learning online videos, there is no better site than udemy.
The official website of the Python Software Foundation also offers one of the best places for free learning. Moreover, if you are learning from a textbook or through an online course from some other websites, you can always consult this website if any concept is not clear to you.
To get a grip on the topic, some small sites you can access include.
To access all Python-related courses and tutorials, Pythonspot offers an excellent platform for both professionals and beginners. You can get a number of first-class content for free. The website has arranged the content based on the level of complexity. From Regular Expressions to Python Web Development, you can find a number of important courses there.
Check Out the Quick Video Review On How to learn Python
Source: Programming with Mosh
What’s The Tip?
As it is said, ‘Never become so much of an expert that you stop gaining expertise.’ It would be foolish if you think that after attending one tutorial, you have learned enough. Don’t stop at just a single course, as constant learning is a prerequisite for greater success. It is really important to keep moving and not delay getting to a higher level of learning and challenging yourself with more difficult tasks.
Here are a few more topics that you shouldn’t miss:
How to Fix “Unable to get Local Issuer SSL Certificate” Error?
What is a .NET Developer? Learn the Facts, Skills & Duties
Duda Website Builder Review: Why Is It The Right Choice?
Like this post? Don’t forget to share